Thursday, January 3, 2008

Who Needs a Roomba?

We spent this afternoon taking down the Christmas tree and putting everything away. Unfortunately, the tree left an incredible amount of pine needles everywhere. Every ornament we took off and each strand of lights seemed to shake more needles onto the carpet. When I picked up the tree and brought it outside I left a wake of pine needles through the living room, out the front door, and onto the driveway.

Fortunately, I somehow pulled a Jedi mind trick on Rachel and got her excited with helping me clean up the living room. The amazing part was both boys also wanted to get in on the action. Next thing we knew, Yvonne and I are standing around and all three kids are vacuuming the living room and having a blast. Who needs a Roomba when you have free child labor?

Here's the video clip:

This video is going to haunt the kids as they grow up. If they ever ask, I'll claim that on this day they promised to vacuum for the next 18 years if I would just let them suck up the pine needles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Hsuings!

I'm so excited about your blog! Thanks for the invitation. I plan to lurk regularly. ; )

I was thinking about this post the other day because my twins are suddenly fascinated with "helping Mommy wash the dishes." At first, I thought this was a wonderful idea because, hey, who DOESN'T want help washing the dishes? And isn't it great to start these habits early??

Unfortunately, it took me half an hour to clear the sink, drag chairs to the kitchen, and find plastic dishes for them to wash. Three plates and half a bottle of detergent later, they declared: "We're done. Hey, let's do this EVERY DAY!"

The things I do for my future daughters-in-law!