I had my back to them when I heard CRACK! I turned around to see Nathan with a blank expression on his face and Daniel looking at me wide-eyed but not saying anything. It didn't look or sound like Nathan used the toy to hit Daniel because I didn't hear that characteristic kazoo sound.
As soon as I turned around to face the monitor...CRACK! There it was again. I turned around and Nathan had the same blank expression but Daniel's eyes were wider and his expression was like, "Did you see that? Do something!!!" However, Daniel wasn't crying and Nathan was just sitting there calmly. Besides, the whole scene didn't look like their typical fights so I was starting to think the sound had to have come from someplace else. I stared at them for a few more seconds but nothing happened so I turned back around.
It should be noted that on a whole, Yvonne and I try not to rush in between our guys when they fight over toys or start screaming at each other. Other people that help us take care of the boys often rush over and give them a different toy or something just to distract them. However, we are more of the mindset that these guys have to figure out how to work things out on their own and need to learn how to share.
As I return to reading my email....CRACK..squeek! I whipped my head around just in time to see Nathan in his follow through swing. Daniel starts screaming his head off and now the fight is on. Poor guy. As I'm breaking up the fight and prying the hammer toy away from Nathan, I can't help but think about his ability to keep a straight poker face during this whole thing.

No comments:
Post a Comment