Thursday, January 10, 2008

Cool Wheels

Here are the kids riding three deep in their fancy 2007 Radio Flyer wagon. This thing has flip out seat backs, molded non-abrasive plastic, cup holders, three point seat belts, and wide wheel axles to prevent tipping. I'm sure the automatic seat lifter, DVD entertainment, and GPS systems will be in the 2008 model.

In my day, we rode in rust covered metal wagons that were death traps. If the jagged metal edges didn't get you, you were surely guaranteed to go flying the instant the wagon turned (then again, being towed by someone riding a dirt bike wasn't exactly the safest of practices...) Heck, I don't think helmets were even invented yet.

The next time these kids are riding in the wagon I should kick it over just to build their character a little...show 'em how things were in the 'ol days. Although if I did this on a playground I'm sure they would just bounce off the super-padded ground filled with tanbark that is guaranteed not to give you any splinters. Sheesh...

No comments: