Monday, April 7, 2008

Boys Will Be Boys...

Not quite sure I should sanction or encourage this type of activity but I have to admit, it looks like a lot of fun. What could possibly go wrong?

It's interesting to note that each guy's personality comes out in the way they like to jump. Nathan is more of the "stiff-upper-lip-in-the-face-of-danger" type. He's very stoic when he's in uncertain situations but nonetheless plows through courageously. Daniel, on the other hand, is more of the "hey dude, let's see what happens when we jump off this cliff" attitude.

I could sit back and claim ignorance on how or why these guys have this adventurous (or...failure to logically think through consequences) streak but looking back on my own childhood I can see where they get it. When I was a kid I made my own parachute out of computer paper and jumped off my roof (mom...if you're reading this, don't worry...I used extra strong fishing line and reinforced the hole-punched corners with scotch tape). It didn't work well the first time so I tried it again, cutting a small hole in the middle of the "chute" to channel the air more efficiently (come on...it's not like I didn't think this through).

Remember those metal dome shaped playground structures we had as a kid? On a dare, I once slid a wooden plank into one and tried (unsuccessfully) to do a flip in the air and land on my feet. I ended up landing on my head but hey...I turned out okay and only occasionally lose my memory.

Thinking ahead with these guys, I think I've got a rough couple years ahead of me....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aiyah wo de tian ahhhh!!!!

There, I said it for mom. So are you guys gonna start getting them ready for the Olympics?