I'm reminded of one such occasion in our kitchen where Nathan put on his game face (you know, the giant look-at-me-daddy smile) while drinking some milk from a sippy cup. For a reason that will become apparent in a few seconds, he looks at me and then throws his cup. The lid explodes and milk goes everywhere. As I'm frantically trying to find the nearest tissue box (we have them strategically placed EVERYWHERE in the house) I see a blur go by me but don't pay much attention as I try to clean up the milk that's on the floor (Nathan still has his "game face" on). Just as I'm about finished, I hear Daniel behind me: "Uh-oh....UH OH....UH OHH!!!!!" No, Daniel didn't have an accident, he simply picked up Kilo's water dish and poured it all over our hallway. He likes to say "uh oh" a lot...especially when he's the one who causes the "uh oh".
Analysis: After all of the cleanup was finished I had a minute to reflect on things. I was basically a victim of a well executed screen play. Nathan got me focused on him and his little mishap. After seeing my attention was diverted, Daniel made a beeline to the water bowl to complete the play and score the goal. I had to admit: That was nicely done...
If you've been to our house lately you've probably seen the abundance of baby gates everywhere you look. Now you know why.

No comments:
Post a Comment