Monday, April 6, 2009

Show Me Your Teeth!


Mark the date. We knew this was going to happen one day....just not this soon.

We were going through the nightly washup routine and I was chasing (literally) the twins around the house trying to brush their teeth. Two year olds have uncanny acceleration, great traction on turns from their low center of gravity, and a pretty high end top speed. I finally cornered Daniel with toothbrush in hand. He had basically "turtled up" as we say in law enforcement: back turned to me, hunched forward, clenched hands in front of him, and refusing to obey my lawful and dutiful commands to "show me your teeth". ...and then it happened:

Me: Daniel, turn around...it's time to brush your teeth
Daniel: No
Me: Come on Daniel, be a good boy
Daniel: NO! It's Nathan's turn
Me: No, it's your turn
Daniel: Nathan first!
Me: [holding him down now] Ok come on, it's your turn
Daniel: NO!! I'm NATHAN!!!
Me: ???
Me: You're Daniel
Daniel: No, I'm Nathan!
Me: [flipping him around...examining his face]
Me: No, you're Daniel...open wide
I have to admit...he had me for a few seconds.





3 comments:

winnie said...

Oooooh boy... and this is only the beginning! hahahaha! Wish you luck cous!

Irene said...

hahahah!!! that's too funny!!!

Fedora said...

LOL! Wow, these two are going to keep you on your toes (or give you gray hair... or maybe both!)