Friday, February 22, 2008

Lost in Translation

Our boys are learning to talk and can say quite a few words now. They're at a point where we're pretty sure they know what we're talking about...most of the time. There are times, however, when they just seem to want to do the opposite.

If you ever need to communicate with our boys, here's a handy translation guide to have around:
(What I say versus what they hear)

"Daniel...Nathan...come here, it's time to change your diaper"
Run for your lives! I'm coming to get you and I'm going to pin you down until you cry for mercy!"

"Don't touch that...it's dirty"
"Hey, I bet you can't grab that and taste it before I can catch you"

"Drink your milk please"
"I bet you can't get the milk on the ceiling this time"

"Please share your toys"
"Let's get ready to rumble! [cue music in background] Let's keep it a clean fight boys"


"Come here please..."
On your marks, get set, GO!

"Please let go of your sister's hair..."
wah wah wah...wah wah...wah wah wah

"Good night...sweet dreams...see you in the morning..."
"Par-teeeee!!!!! Let's see those happy feet! Time for the Macarena! [cue disco ball along with balloon drop from ceiling]"

No comments: