For Christmas we bought the kids a Hide N' Seek Combo from Costco that looks like this (minus the innocent looking kids in the picture). I haven't had time to take a photo with our own kids yet...
As soon as it was set up, Rachel tore through it like well...a hamster in a hamster cage. All I was missing was a hamster wheel and giant upside down water bottle hanging from the wall and then I'd be set. The boys were a little apprehensive but ended up liking it a lot too. Today I had the bright idea of crawling in there with them. I found it rather tight and after making it to the center where all the tubes met, I got somewhat stuck. Also greeting me at the center were all three kids who thought it would be outrageously funny to poke, prod, and pummel dad while he was stuck and unable to defend himself. By the time I was able to start freeing myself, these guys scurried away and were so fast they could run through the maze and get me from behind. It was sheer pandemonium for a few minutes (but at least the kids had fun). I finally barricaded myself in the roomy house shaped tent and negotiated my surrender. Later on, I ended up playing some new board games with Rachel. The first was Candyland. I started off thinking to myself that I'd "take it easy" on her and let her win a few. Well, I quit when she was ahead 3-0. The next game was called "Guess Who"...kind of like a concentration type game where you try to guess what character your opponent has. She beat me 3-0 on that too.
I'm done. We're looking for assisted living care homes this weekend.

No comments:
Post a Comment